> Am 05.05.2014 10:19, schrieb Manuel Arostegui:
> h.rei...@thelounge.net>>:
> >
> >     Am 05.05.2014 08:34, schrieb Manuel Arostegui:
> >     > "%" doesn't match localhost so if you don't specify it you will be
> >     > attempting to connect via Unix Socket.
> >     > If you don't want to specify -hlocalhost all the time, just do the
> grant
> >     > with "@localhost" instead of "@%"
> >
> >     nonsense
> >
> >     % matches *any host*
> >
> > Do the test yourself
>
> i don't need to test such basics since i am working
> as mysql administrator the last 11 years and curently
> responsible for some hundret databases heavily using
> host specific permissions

Good for you.
I might be working somewhere bigger than that.

Here is what I am talking about:

mysql>  grant all on hadooptest.* to 'hadoopuser'@'%' identified by
'123456'; flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>

# mysql -uhadoopuser -p123456
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'hadoopuser'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

# mysql -uhadoopuser -p123456 -hlocalhost
Your MySQL connection id is 392245
<snip>

---

mysql> drop user 'hadoopuser'@'%'; flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>  grant all on hadooptest.* to 'hadoopuser'@'localhost' identified by
'123456'; flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

# mysql -uhadoopuser -p123456
Your MySQL connection id is 392191
<snip>

I have been reading your impoliteness in this list for years. You are well
known in this (and other) lists for being like that. So I am not going to
start a fight over the list and this will be my last message in this thread.
Hopefully I have helped the original poster with my point.

Good luck with your hundreds of databases.

Manuel.