----- Original Message -----
> From: "Manuel Arostegui" <man...@tuenti.com>
> Subject: Re: Big innodb tables, how can I work with them?
>
> noSQL/table sharding/partitioning/archiving.

I keep wondering how people believe that NoSQL solutions magically don't need
RAM to work. Nearly all of them slow down to a crawl, many even worse than an
SQL database, as soon as the full or working set no longer fits in memory, too.

Don't get me wrong - they have certain benefits and definite usecases, but it's
time people stop presenting them as a magic bullet. They require understanding
and work, just like any other technology.