At 12:46 AM 6/22/01 -0300, Siomara Pantarotto wrote:
>MySQL is a database just like others:
>
>Oracle     (Oracle)
>SQL Server (Microsoft - for large systems)
>Access     (Microsoft - for small systems)
>DB2        (IBM)
>etc...
>
>MDB, as I know, is the termination (extension) given to a database
>generated by MS Access.
>
>For example: NorthWind.mdb (example provided by Microsoft when you install
>Access)
>
>Siomara

Plus, MySQL is a RDBMS designed for use over a network.  Access is a
file-based database.  This isn't a knock against Microsoft, but the last
thing you want to run over a network is an MDB, even with the proper file
sharing.

John Meyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Programmer

If we didn't have Microsoft, we'd have to blame ourselves for all of our
programs crashing