I have a dual-boot OS X/Ubuntu 12.04 arrangement on a mac mini. The
ubuntu system has failed and I am unable to boot it.

I have one database on the ubuntu partition that was not backed up.

I am able to mount the ubuntu partion with fuse-ext2 from Mac OS X,
thus I can read and copy the mysql data files at /var/lib/mysql on the
ubuntu partition.

I presume that I should be able to retrieve the database by just
copying it to /opt/local/var/db/mysql5 - the location of the mysql
datafiles on the mac partition - and setting ownership and
permissions.

So, this is a "Help me before I hurt myself" sort of question: Are
there any caveats and gotchas to consider?

thanks
--
Tim