You can do that, but, perhaps the only chance to have it updating a row
based on a condition is developing a Stored Procedure or even having a
BEFORE Trigger associated with the main table. Those ways, you can test the
sent value and decide on what UPDATE you will execute afterwards. Consider
that this is just an opinion since I'm not part of the problem and cannot
analyse all the requirements.

WB