On Wednesday, May 20, 2015, Morgan Tocker wrote:
> Hi Jørn,
>
> Wagner’s point about SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS is a good one.  A couple of
> other questions about your workload:
>
> - The data collector system processing jobs, is it multi threaded?

Sorry, forgot about that. No, it is not multi threaded. It is a PHP bases
system using several
script running sequently in an infinite loop. Each script taking care of part
of the job of
processing the data.

> - Do you have a sample schema + set of queries we could look at?
>  (We pay close attention to regressions.)

This will be BIG, since it it so many different queries and tables.
Not sure what you mean by "We pay close attention to regressions".

> In terms of your configuration:
>
> I would usually recommend assuming the default values for some of the
> settings you’ve specified (table_open_cache, sort_buffer_size,
> thread_cache_size, innodb_log_buffer_size, innodb_thread_concurrency..).
> A 25G buffer pool on a 32G server with some of your other buffers being
> quite large is something you may need to look into too.

I know, but sofare no swapping is taking place. The test server is used for
testing this system
only. And in 99% of the time, only one client is using the SQL server.

--
Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
homepage: http://photo.dahl-stamnes.net/