Not sure about the size of your dump, but, have you tried to set the new
value on the server and client side? you can increase max_allowed_packet up
to 1G. Let us know after you tried that, and maybe other guys have another
solution to share...

--
*Wagner Bianchi, +55.31.8654.9510*
Oracle ACE Director