First off, I wouldn't really want to call Access a database, as its little
more than just a file with 1/2 of a program trying to access it. And second,
I would say that MS SQL is both over-priced, and way too bloated, buggy,
slow, etc, etc. (but then again, everyone has their own opinion on this).

As far as MySQL goes, it seems to be a very excellent database system. Its
fast, lightweight, fairly bug-free (much, much, much better then the two
above), the support is unmatched, easy to use (if you understand SQL, which
you should for any database), etc, etc. One of the most popular combinations
to drive a dynamic web site is Apache, MySQL, PHP, all running on either
Linux or FreeBSD. Many, many, many more sites on the internet run in this
combination meaning that if you ever get stuck somewhere you won't have a
hard time finding any help on it.

MySQL can handle infinately more concurent connections to it, and handle a
much bigger load than MDB can even dream of doing. A few years back I used
to write database apps in visual basic and MDB. It was running on the
network, with only about 5 people accessing it at one time. MDB had
corrupted the files at least twice. I was very sad :o) Anyway, I have since
been writing all my database apps using the PHP language, on Apache web
server and accessing the MySQL database. The results? Never ever ever have I
had a corrupted database, very fast - can easily handle loads of 100+ users
at one time without even missing a step. This is good news to me! And best
of all, its 100% free (unless you would like to donate anything to the
project, or opt for professional support from the makers of the db).

I know all of this sounds much like just a personal opinion, so I'll have
you check out this link for yourself:

http://www.mysql.com/information/benchmarks.html

Hope this helps!
Patrick