----- Original Message -----
> From: "Harrie Robins" <har...@eyequestion.nl>
> Subject: my.cnf authencication
>
> mysqldump --defaults-file  dbase > c:\sql\dbase.sql 2>> c:\log.tct

Might just be a typo in your mail, but you'll need to actually pass the
defaults-file, too: --defaults-file=c:\sql\dump.cnf .

I think there may be another typo somewhere, too, as it seems to think that
lts-file is the user you're passing. I'm wondering if you haven't accidentally
put only a single - in front of defaults-file.