Quoting Cal Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Regular keys are just indexes, not necessarily unique, not necessarily on
> fields that don't accept nulls. Their primary function is to speed up data
> retrieval.  Use them sparingly as they can have a negative impact on
> inserting and updating records.

I understand that indexes work so fast because they are usually smaller than the
original table, since they contain on average just 1 column, or at least less
information than the complete table. But how about a table with just 2 columns.
Would an index based on the same 2 columns speed up processing, more specific,
would it speed up a SELECT WHERE (the WHERE clause being related to the index
algoritm)

Thanks, Marco