----- Original Message -----

I agree, and I'm happy to say that the release notes for 8.0 mention that it
has finally gone away. That doesn't change the fact, however, that there are
countless installations out there that use it, which is whom I was targeting
with that mail :-)

Is that service description you pasted the one that comes with the MariaDB
package, or did you roll it yourself ?