Sorry for the spam, and thanks for you suggestion Johan!

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=84470

Seb

On 01/11/2017 11:21 AM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
Seb,

You should log a bug at http://bugs.mysql.com - this is not a developer list.

/Johan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastien FLAESCH" <s...@4js.com>
To: "MySql" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 10 January, 2017 14:55:42
Subject: kill query and prepared statements

Hi all,

I have reported this problem before, but I raise it again, since I still get
this problem with 5.7.17

See attached code:

I want to interrupt a long running statement with CTRL-C by starting a new
connect to make a KILL QUERY.

I am using the same technique as the mysql client code.

The difference here is that my code is using PREPARED STATEMENTS with
mysql_stmt_prepare() etc.

Problem: After interrupting the first query with CTRL-C, the call to
mysql_stmt_close() hangs...

Maybe I am missing some new connection or statement option...?!?

IMPORTANT: This problem appeared in a 5.7.x, same code is working fine with

Please can someone from MySQL C API team try to reproduce and confirm?

Thanks!
Seb