Hi Frank,

Enable the slow log on the DB. Any queries which are above the threshold variable ( |long_query_time| <https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_long_query_time> ) will be logged .

Default is 10s, so I assume you'd want to drop this down to 1-2 ( or less ) for a shopcart type response time?

You can then use mysqldumpslow command to aggregate this file after a period of time to identify queries which are greater than long_query_time.

This is typically the first step in analyzing inefficient queries ( or more accurately, queries which are candidates for improvement ) in a running DB. eg

*|mysqldumpslow -s c -t 5 |*

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysqldumpslow.html

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/slow-query-log.html

Regards