Am 08.05.2017 um 19:53 schrieb Shain Miley:
Hello,
We have traditionally setup our mysql database servers with a mix of ssd and
spinning disk drives.

We use the ssd drives (Raid-1) for the mysql tablespace data, and we use the
spinning disks (15 sas in Raid-1) for the index data, etc.

I am wondering if going forward we should simply put all of the data on the ssd
drives. Does anyone have any information on whether or not we would see any
significant performance increase if we made this switch?

I have been thinking about using 4 ssd drives (Raid-10) going forward…and
wondering if we should expect to see any improvement in the database
performance.

Any thoughts?

http://www.tansi.org/hybrid/

CAUTION: only works for RAID1 - not for linux RAID10

if i only woul dhave knwen that 10 years ago i would have my setups with 4 disks on two RAID1 with a RAID0 on top.......