>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book on MySQL SQL?  What
>about PerlDBI (I noticed that the O'Reilly one is over a year old)?

Stay as far away from the O'Reilly book as possible.  MySQL and mSQL was
really just an mSQL book until a few months before publication when
O'Reilly noticed that MySQL was far more popular at that time, so they
scrambled and tossed in some stuff for MySQL.  It's one of the few
O'Reilly books in my collection that was a big disappointment.

The *best* book on MySQL that I have ever seen is "MySQL" by Paul Dubois
(New Riders, publisher).  Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735709211/o/qid=993401518/sr=2-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/102-6228011-7382510

Paul has a new book that should be available shortly (Amazon says August
13) titled "MySQL and Perl for the Web" that covers both MySQL and perl
(DBI).  Having read it, I would say that this book is an excellent
tutorial type book that will go hand in hand with "MySQL" (a reference
book) mentioned previously.

Amazon.com's link for MySQL and Perl for the Web:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735710546/qid=993401594/sr=1-6/ref=sc_b_6/102-6228011-7382510

P.S. I would have given bookpool.com links since they usually have better
prices, however their site appears to be down this morning.  If you are
going to buy your books online, I would suggest visiting bookpool.com
first.

-Bill