Is there some kind soul out there that can email me a
tarball og the MySQL module for an HP-UX machine? I've tried to compile the
module - but it says that I have to compile MySQL with +z or +Z, gcc
doesn't have a +z or +Z ( and mysql should be compiled with gcc ) but it
does have an -fPIC and -FPIC, which matters all the same to the compilation
of the MySQL module:

The error is:
        LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/mysql/lib:/lib/pa1.1" ld -o
./blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.sl  -b -L/usr/local/lib dbdimp.o  mysql.o
-L/opt/mysql/lib    -L/opt/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -lm
ld: DP relative code in file /opt/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o) -
shared library must be position
    independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Can somebody email me the compiled module? Correct me if I'm wrong?
A uname -a gives:
HP-UX <host> B.10.20 C 9000/879 20902531 2-user license

Best Regards

Harry Varvarigos
Project Management & Integration

Siemens Limited
885 Mountain Hwy
Bayswater, 3153
Victoria, Australia.

Ph:  0417 318 246
Fax: 03 9721 2633

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or reproduction of
this message is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify
Siemens Ltd., ABN 98004347880, or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.