Hello,

thanks for your reply. I was wondering...I thought the LIKE function
is only for single words? I have to admit I never tested it and started
right off with fulltext option.
So would following work then...

Lets assume one entry in somefield is: "The children are playing on the
play-ground" and I want to search for it using LIKE:

SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE somefield LIKE '%child%';

Would that then give me above entry in the output?!?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, its just that I understood it
from the manual that you can only search for a word not a text with LIKE.

Cheers, Nessi