I have a MySQL myISAM database that has about 300 MB of information.

Recently the index files became corrupted and I ran the myisamchk
*.MYI -r -S to repair them.
Ever since then mySQLd process has been using up a ton of processor time.
And some of the queries that I run have started taking a long time in the
tables that I access frequently.
The database also starting growing at that time as well so I am not sure
what the problem is.

Anyone run into a database that seems to be running very inefficiently and
figure a way to optimize it?
THe indexes  don't seem to be the problem.

Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

Michael Blood
[EMAIL PROTECTED]