At 12:11 27/06/2001 +1000, Jonathan Arthur wrote:
Hi,

Take a look in the err file and if you see an error like
this:

Innobase: error: table dbname/tablename already exists in Innobase data
dictionary

Means maybe you had created before the table in InnoDB and made a
drop database command, which don't remove the table from InnoDB
data dictionary and thereafter generates the error for you mentioned.
The fix of the problem is already in the work by Heikki, the main
InnoDB developer.

Regards,
Miguel

>I have a database with a mix of myisam and innodb tables. I want to
>create a copy of this database (ie the database name is different but
>the table names and structures are the same) on the same server.
>
>When I issue the "create table" command I get the following error:
>
>ERROR 1005: Can't create table './new_database_name/same_table_name.frm'
>(errno: 137)
>
>and the table is not created.
>
>If I change the type to myisam, with everything else the same, it works
>fine. Similarly if I use a different table name for the new table it
>works fine. But if I then try to use "alter table" to either change the
>type back to InnoDB or change the name back to match the table name in
>the original I get the error:
>
>ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
>
>and the table remains unaltered. I need InnoDB type tables for
>transactional support and I want the same database name so my
>application can refer to either database without having to search and
>replace all the table names.
>
>I can't find anything in the manual about this. Is it impossible to have
>two InnoDB tables of the same name in different databases on the same
>server? or is this a bug?
>
>I am using Linux kernel 2.2.17-21mdk and MySQL version 3.23.37 on
>off-the-shelf Intel hardware.
>
>Thanks for you help.
>
>Jonathan

For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Miguel A. Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Mogi das Cruzes - Săo Paulo, Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com