Hi,

I'm having a very annoying and elusive problem. You probably won't be able
to help me, but any guess or pointer would be appreciated nonetheless.

The main table in the db contains some 50 fields, mostly of type varchar
and tinyint. This table is updated through php.

Now the problem is: sometimes some of the data for a specific record goes
missing after I access a page. I cannot reproduce the problem. Only certain
fields are affected, and these fields vary every time the problem occurs.
These fields are somewhat reset, but I say 'somewhat' because they don't
necessarily go to the default value specified in MySQL. The UPDATE queries
on the page that *seem* to be where the problem occurs are all valid and
well-formed, and some of the fields that get reset are not even in those
queries at all.

This has been specifically occuring on a machine using Win98/Netscape4 to
access the page.

The server is running Cobalt Linux release 6.0 (Shinkansen-Decaf)
Kernel 2.2.16C24_III on an i586, MySQL-3.23.36-1, php-4.0.3pl1-C1r4,
apache-1.3.12-1C9

I know this is not very much information, and it's not helpful that I can't
reproduce it... Anything leaps to mind as something I could check or look
for?, any wild guess, anything would be appreciated.

Could MySQL be doing it? What else could it be?

Thanks.

Michael Hebert
D.Black Communications