NOTE: I replied off-list

First note: I like the e-mail address.  Really great.

Secondly: The best VB/DLL documentation you could find MIGHT be a project
that has done what you want.  If you download the source classes for the
MyVbQl VB API <http://www.icarz.com/mysql/index.html> it will tell you a lot
about interfacing with the DLL.  Also: I would assume that reading the
documentation to the C API would be a good place to start as well, as that
details the interface to the libmysql.dll (on windows) and libmysql.so (on
*nix systems).

Third:  You've seen a few?  I've only managed to find one.  At least only one
free one.  What are the others you've found?

Fourth: When you write it, could you be careful to write it so it could be
used in MS Access as well?  I don't know many specifics, but I do know Access
97 doesn't support Enum's.  Access 2000 does, so if you want to do that, I'll
just convince my boss to upgrade.  We're due anyway.

Fifth: I don't have extensinve experience with VB, but have done quite a bit
of Access programming, and would like to help with this if I could.

So, let me know what you turn up.  I'll look as well.

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks