----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Brunk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2001 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: Connecting to MySQL w/VB

> i know i am definitly knew at this, but his permissions could be set more
or
> less for read only.

Yes, it's possible that the permissions are not set properly. However, I was
assuming that, since he had just started working with MySQL, he was using
the root account, unmodified, which would give him complete access. It's
been my experience that it is much easier to work with ASP & MySQL than VB &
MySQL because of the databound objects, and wouldn't be surprised if the
problem that the original poster has does not apply to ASP.

Good Luck,

Dennis