Hi!

The CASE statement doesn't seem to work, even the three examples given in the
docs (7.4.8 Control Flow Functions) return errors:

mysql> select case 1 when 1 then "one" when 2 then "two" else "more" end;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '1 when 1 then "one" when
2 then "two" else "more" end' at line 1

I tried it with my local copy (Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for pc-linux-gnu (i686),
Debian distribution), as well as with the one installed at my ISP.

What's happening here?
  soenk.e

--
Der Hamburger Kino-Fahrplan: http://kino-fahrplan.de