Hi!

>MySQL provides three transaction-safe tables including Berkeley_DB, GEMINI
>and InnoDB Tables, I have some queries on them:
>1. What are the differences between these three type of transaction-safe
>   table types?

BDB has only page level locks, InnoDB has row level locks and an Oracle-
style consistent non-locking read, Gemini has row level locks.

>2. Which type should be used for the E-Commerce web site?

Use a transactional table type, but I am biased to give any further
opinion.

>3. Is true that BDB is free while the other two are not free?

No it is not true. InnoDB is published under the same GNU GPL license
as MySQL itself.

>4. In MySQL, we can use transaction as the following:
>    BEGIN;
>   SELECT @A:=SUM(salary) FROM table1 WHERE type=1;
>    UPDATE table2 SET summmary=@A WHERE type=1;
>    COMMIT; (or ROLLBACK)
>
>   but how to apply it in the E-Commerce web site with PHP programming?

>From the PHP website www.php.net I found the following example.

<?php
    $link = mysql_connect("mysql_host", "mysql_login", "mysql_password")
        or die ("Could not connect");
    print ("Connected successfully");
    mysql_select_db ("my_database")
        or die ("Could not select database");

    $query = "SELECT * FROM my_table";
    $result = mysql_query ($query)
        or die ("Query failed");

 // printing HTML result

 print "<table>\n";
 while($line = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
  print "\t<tr>\n";
  while(list($col_name, $col_value) = each($line)){
   print "\t\t<td>$col_value</td>\n";
  }
  print "\t</tr>\n";
 }