I am trying to connect to my database with mysqlgui
as root.  I have gone into "options" and entered the
port number and the path to the socket.  I have "ask for
password" checked on and am using the same password that
works when I do "mysql -u root -p".  I have tried accessing
the mysql db and a test one, both with the same results.
When I try to connect and enter the password the error is:
Access denied for user: 'root@<host.domain>' (Using password: YES)

When "ask for password" is off, I get the same error plus
more saying I have corrupt files, or no privileges.  The
entire mysql package was recently installed, and just one
test database exists with one table.  It works fine so I
don't think I have corrupt files, and I know I have
privileges.

I have verified that mysqld is using the port with
fuser <port#>/tcp

The only problem I can think of is that this system's name
is not resolvable via dns.  It is on a non-routable network
address behind a firewall, and just static files are used
for internal hosts.

Does mysqlgui _have_ to verify the host via dns?  If so can
that be turned off somehow?

Thanks

--
John Griffin-Wiesner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

   It said, "Windows 95 or better," so I installed Linux.