If you shoot something with a shotgun enough times, you will kill it.

You have done so many vague things that I am not sure what your problem
is right now.

The directories and files in which the databases are stores must be
owned by mysql.

The owner of the symbolic link is not as important.

When you copied the files, you weren't mysql, so the new files were not
owned by mysql.

Check your permissions, and try restarting your server ( If it is not
already running .)

Ivan Lulukyan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I tried to move mysql databases to another location where much more
> space.
> First I copied all databases to new location
> Then renamed /usr/local/var to /usr/local/var_old
> Then make a symbolic link: ln -s /mnt/1 /usr/local/var
> after that I reboot the system and it doesn't work
> :
> 010630 23:46:40  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file
> '/usr/local/var/banber.acc.am.pid' (Errc
> 010630 23:46:40  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file:
> './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
> 010630 23:46:40  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Error on delete of
> '/usr/local/var/banber.acc.am.pid' (Errcode: 2)
>
> Then I renamed back /usr/local/var_old to /usr/local/var and reboot again
> Error log file says the same.
>
> I change some permissions and after that error log file says:
> 010630 23:46:40  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file:
> './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
>
> What should i do to fix situation?
> Please, help.
>
> With best regards,