From: Werner Stuerenburg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 10:09 AM
To: Mazur
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re[2]: Reporting Tool : Linux?

> I just figured I can't be the first guy on the block that wants to design
> reports out of MySQL without using Windows.  I mean, I recall MySQL boasting
> that NASA uses MySQL...what the heck do they use for reporting?  Of course,
> I suppose if you have MySQL on an NT machine, you can add Crystal
> Reports.....

I would never get the idea to use a tool for that. Why? First,
you have to master the tool. Next, if you do, you can only do
what the tool allows you to do.

It is much easier to do your own reporting with php (or Perl, if
you prefer that). It's a snap, and you can do anything you like.
I guess, that's the way all the experts do it.

Read the entertaining and instructive article at

     http://www.mysql.com/articles/wizard/

--
Herzlich
Werner Stuerenburg

ISIS Verlag, Teut 3, D-32683 Barntrup-Alverdissen
Tel 0(049) 5224-997 407 · Fax 0(049) 5224-997 409
http://pferdezeitung.de