I want to update 160 records in a table. The field contains a variable value
and a constant prefex like

'constant: unique value for this record'

Is there such an UPDATE statement that would update this field into

'unique value for this record'

They way I would do it otherwise is using Perls regular expressions like

(this is rather pseudocode just to make the point)

$foo = 'constant: unique value for this record';
$foo =~ s/constant:(.+)//sg;
$bar = $1; #(and hopefully $1 would hold 'unique value for this record')

UPDATE my_table
SET field = $bar
WHERE field = $foo;

Any ideas? Help greatly appreciated.