List,

Our site is running mysql server version 3.22.32
I'm a power user - not the DBA, so forgive my ignorance.

Is it possible to corrupt data with a SELECT query?

The connection is made via a shell script:

mysql -h servername -u userid -ppassword database <<QUERY_INPUT
SELECT c.id, s.id
FROM customers c, simulations s
WHERE c.name = 'Customer Name Here'
AND s.cust_id = c.id
AND s.name = 'Simulation Name Here'
QUERY_INPUT

During the period I was testing this script, our DBA indicated we lost some
data.
Is this just a coincidence? I can't see how a benign query could cause such
a problem.

Thanks.
Craig Meyers
Senior Engineer