I recently started getting this error from a query:

>   Got error 'repetition-operator operand invalid' from
>   regexp (SELECT id, IF(parents LIKE '_%',CONCAT(parents,'
>   name),name) AS name, usergrp FROM Categories WHERE id > 10 AND id
>   AND parents NOT RLIKE '^\* New Category \*(    |$)' ORDER BY name)

(that extra space before |$ was a tab character)

Anyway, I assume the error is happening because of the * character in the
RLIKE statement..  Though you'd assume that since it's escaped it should be
fine.  Or is this not the case?  Help?

Thanks...

-Chris