At 07:45 05/07/01, dijana cetinic wrote:
>Hi all,
>        just a quick question .. has neone setup mysql on a cobalt RAQ4
> before? If so ne
>recommendations on how to go about doing it?

I've installed it on a Cobalt RAQ. I tried several of the rpm files (from
both MySQL and Red Hat), but none of them worked, so in the end I
downloaded the source tarball:

http://www.mysql.com/Downloads/MySQL-3.23/mysql-3.23.39.tar.gz)

and then followed the instructions on MySQL.com.

The chapter in the online manual is

4.7 Installing a MySQL Source Distribution

which you can find at:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Installing_source

I didn't have any problems doing it this way - I accepted all the defaults
when prompted and it worked first time. It is more timeconsuming than using
a binary or rpm, but the Cobalt is such an odd environment that the source
is probably the best option!

Mark

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine". From RFC1925