Hung Hing Fai wrote:

>       mysqld segmentation fault on starting
>
>> How-To-Repeat:
>
>       # mysqld
>       Segmentation Fault
>       # ldd mysqld
>       ldd: mysqld: execution failed due to signal 11
>
> Configure command: ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/mysql '--with-comment=Official
>MySQL binary' --with-extra-charsets=complex --with-server-suffix= --disable-shared
> Perl: This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i86pc-solaris

Weird. Official MySQL binaries are all passed our pretty big and mature
testsuite, so it should work.I am not trying to say that you are wrong
:) but I would like to hear results if you download some other MySQL
older version and try to execute it. Is there are any differences? Are
you sure that your hardware is OK? I do not have access to Solaris-x86
now to test myself for this bug. If you can't find problem yourself then
I am also located in Hong Kong and can try to solve this problem myself
on your system. But I really want to avoid this if you are able to debug
this stuff yourself.

      Tõnu