I needed to add a couple of things to the original posting. What i'm trying to
do is have a browser interface for manipulating and viewing the data. The
database would be manipulated with cgi on a linux machine. I thought about
access, but i don't believe there are api's for creating and manipulating the
table definitions? If there is that would be great. Is there a unix version of
access i wonder? A relational database that fits in a single file(or more,
doesn't matter) and has an odbc driver that attaches to the file(s) that is
available on unix?