Erich,

You need to create special "root" or "superuser" account so that you can connect
from your PC. This will allow you full access from DBtools. This is what I had
to do in order to make the connection. You'll need to log in as the 'root' or
'superuser' to execute your mysql client.

%>mysql grant all on *.* to some_user_name identified by 'some_password' with
grant option;
%>mysql flush privileges;

This is will produce the "%" in the Host column in the mysql user table

Hope this helps :)

>>On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:48:59 -0500, "Erich Kolb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   wrote:

>>Does anyone know how to "allow" other hosts to connect to a MySQL database?
>>I have a pretty good GUI (DBTools) that will supposedly let you do this, but
>>whenever I try to connect to a MySQL Server that is not local, is says that
>>access is denied.  I cant find it anywhere in Xinetd so I am assuming it is
>>in the MySQL config somewhere.  Am I wrong?

Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com