I'm not sure if I understand your problem. You should get exactly
$end results if there are more in the result set. Only if you
reach the end of your loop, you will get less.

Example: You have 48 results and show them in batches of 10. Then
you should get 10, 10, 10, 10, 8 results if you show them from
start to end.

So: I know I have 124 records and issue

SELECT * FROM editions LIMIT 100, 30

I get 24 results.

--
Herzlich
Werner Stuerenburg

ISIS Verlag, Teut 3, D-32683 Barntrup-Alverdissen
Tel 0(049) 5224-997 407 · Fax 0(049) 5224-997 409
http://pferdezeitung.de