I am getting an error when I try to use mysqldump on a database.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump: Can't get keys for table poll (Lost
connection to MySQL server during query)

When this happens, I get a message in the mysql error log saying the
database has been restarted.

mysqld restarted on  Thu Jul 5 15:14:58 EDT 2001
/usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

A mysqld.core file is also created.

I can connect to the database with the mysql client without any problems. I
can also insert and update records using the mysql client.

I am also getting an error when I try to connect to the database with
MyODBC.
[TCX][MyODBC]Lost connection to MySQL server during query (2013)

Here is my version info.
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql  Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for
unknown-freebsdelf4.0 (i386)

Edward Waldspurger
CertifiChecks, Inc. - www.certifichecks.com