From: Laurent Oget [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 1:38 PM
To: Mike Jimenez
Subject: Re: Solaris

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 08:22:53AM -0700, Mike Jimenez wrote:
> Like you have a RPM install for Linux is there something similar that I
can
> use with Solaris to make the install simple with Mysql?
> Thanks
> Mike

mysql is a database, not an end user desktop software. If you can
not compile and install it, you will not be able to use it.

there are many consultants who can do that for you in a couple of
hours, and if you do not have the skills to install mysql you will
need a consultant when/if you have to recover mysql from a hardware
crash anyway.