From: Channon Quillen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 July 2001 13:37
To: mysql
Subject: MySql and PHP

Is it better to let mysql handle logins or to create a table with this
info?
I'm setting up a db that has faculty and students.  Currently, all access
to the db is through user root.  I read the General Security issues and
this seems to be a problem.
The db will be accessable on the web, but I only want users in a certain
IP address to be able to get it.

Is there a way to relate the user table built-in to MySql with a created
table? eg. faculty

-Channon