Gerald,

You lost me on the second table, t2?? The t1 table would store a 'mykey' and the
multiple values(ID's) and table t2 would have the reference 'mykey' to table t1
and the ID column,... this is where you loose me??

>>On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:26:11 -0500, Gerald Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

>>Use another table to hold these values.
>>This table contains the ID that you are searching on and the key
>>to the other table that contains the rest of the data.
>>
>>t1 : mykey , field1, field2, field3, field4 .....
>>
>>t2 : mykey , ID
>>

>>Select * from t1,t2 where t1.mykey = t2.mykey and t2.ID="IM34485";
>>
>>MikeBlezien wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Quick question. We need to store a multiple value in a table column as we don't
>>> know how many values at the time of submission there could be. The column would
>>> be storing a group of values something like this:
>>>
>>> Column 'ID'
>>> IM34456,IM34485,IM34478
>>>
>>> or it could be more or less. So if we put the data into one column what would be
>>> the best way to extract the row if there's is a match of one of the values in
>>> the column.
>>>
>>> We need to build a query to select a row that matches one of the values. They
>>> would enter a single value like IM34485 into a form, then I need to build a
>>> query that will check all values in the ID column so we can then extract the
>>> entire row if one of the ID values match.

Mike(mickalo)Blezien
Thunder Rain Internet Publishing
Providing Internet Solutions that work!
http://www.thunder-rain.com