I'm writing in  as to how I can contribute in the development in Parallel
databasing.  I understand MySQL currently supports replications which is a
nice way of keeping live backups of a mysql server, however is hardly the
"preferred" method when dealing with load-balancing and redundancy, just
because it becomes a burden at application level to manage your selects to
load-balance and any update,insert,alter statements to the parent server.

I'm interested in implementing "Parallel" databasing such as the feature
found in Oracle.  This would involve (i imagine) some very complex
algorithms and some very sophisticated monitor and checking systems however
I do have a very heavy c/c++ knowledge.

If someone could contact me and update me on the current status of a "true
parallel" databasing support in mysql I'd love to hear about any progress
made and how I can help.  I tried to subscribe to this mailing list but it
seems as if the subscribing system is broken at the moment.  Please reply
back to my email address, fyi.

Thanks,
Trevor F. Linton ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Trevor F. Linton