It is hard to say where I am confused because the
HOWTO requires me to try and follow it as I setup
replication. So let me try and follow the
documentation and if I see anything that can make it
more clear then I will let you know. One thing that
does come to mind though is maybe adding something
that helps users to understand the process a little
more clearly in advance without having to try and
follow the documentation first. I don't know what you
would put for that.

I do have one question though, where is the my.cnf
located? I ran locate my.cnf and it returned no
results.

Thanks,
Jeff

--- Jeremy Zawodny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 02:58:17PM -0700, Jeff
> Philapy wrote:
> > Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> No problem.
>
> > Where can I a step by step guide on how to setup
> replication. I have
> > already looked at mySQL's howtom but now I like to
> find something
> > with more information, that better explains the
> process.
>
> Hmm... So you've seen this:
>

> http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/e/Replication_HOWTO.html
>
> but need more.  What would you like to see added
> there?  I added a bit
> to that page (and a few others) several months back
> to try and make
> them clearer.  What's missing?  Where are you
> confused?
>
> Ideally, we can answer your questions *and* get them
> into the manual
> as well.
>
> Jeremy
> --
> Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
> Desk: (408) 349-7878    Fax: (408) 349-5454    Cell:
> (408) 439-9951
>
> MySQL 3.23.29: up 26 days, processed 197,379,145
> queries (86/sec. avg)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>