Mario Witte wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm searching for a tool which will provide statistics about the usage of a
> mysql-server like avg queries/minute, cpu load etc.
>
> I've tried mysqler and liked it, but couldn't get it to start as a daemon.
> Are there any similar tools out there?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> --
Maria:

Might be some folks working on it at mrtg, but, I think that one died.

SNMP stuff is over kill for that, but, would add some value.

http://myops.sourceforge.net/ is a start I've made, with the intentions of
incorporating mysql monitoring, but, alas, so much to do, and, so little time.
Some work has been done, but, I haven't had the time to port it to anything
useful, yet.  Mostly, some c apps, still sitting on my workstation.

If you like the approach at the link above, I'd love to hear some suggestions.
There are also a couple other projects that might be brewing on sourceforge,
but, you'll have to search around a little.

Also, check out Cricket, which is the next evolution of mrtg.  They might have
some contributors dealing with this subject.

Hope that gives you some ideas.  I like the question a lot.

Best Regards,
Van