Hi!

As far as I know, replication works with InnoDB and BDB,
and some users have at least tested it with InnoDB.
MySQL only writes complete transactions to the binlog
and therefore ROLLBACK does not need to be implemented
in replication.

LOAD TABLE FROM MASTER does not currently work
with InnoDB. Look at the Restrictions section in the InnoDB
manual at http://www.innodb.com for workarounds.

Since the slave executes the binlog in the autocommit=1 mode,
you may have to set innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0 in
my.cnf of the slave if you have performance problems with the
commits in the slave.

In crashes there exists the following problem: the MySQL binlog
flush and the InnoDB log flush are not synchronized. It means
that after a master crash, in some cases the binlog may contain
less (or more) transactions than the InnoDB log. Thus, after a master
crash,  when you restart the master and InnoDB does its crash recovery
using it own logs, the master database may end up in a different state
from the slave. Then you have to manually resolve the out-of-sync
problem. For example, copy the slave database to be the new master.
Of course, since MyISAM is a non-transactional table type, users
of MyISAM replication need to resolve the same out-of-sync problems.

Regards,

Heikki

Copied message:
Sinisa,

SM> It is the same. Replication works already with all table handlers,
SM> but all that remains to be solved is ROLLBACK.

What  could  be  the  problem  is  servers  are  recording  in their
binary log only committed transactions ?
Why should ROLLBACK be implemented in replication ?
If  only  committed transactions are recorded in the binary log then
if  a  server  crashes  and  it  has  to  rollback  it's uncommitted
transactions,  this has no impact on the replicating scheme isn't it  ?
Let me know if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Alex.