> Note that the new BLOB code is not well tested yet, though
> I have not received any bug reports for it. It may be best to
> experiment first with pieces of your table instead of doing
> the whole, maybe several hours long, conversion at once.

Can you tell us a bit more about the BLOB code?

In MyISAM you could gain performance by seperating variable part fields
from the fixed length fields. Does that still hold for InnoDB tables? (I
know that some other databases, like oracle, can do the seperation for
you.) Are the blobs slower or faster then the MyISAM counterparts? (Or
about as fast, etc.)

BLOB / TEXT support was one of the few reasons I haven't tried out
InnoDB so far (since I need to store large articles), but now that that
limitation is lifted I want to try it out ASAP.

Regards,

Sander