Hi all,

MySQL doesn't support nested subqueries, I know, and I also understand that
the same results can be achieved through outer joins (Left join, Right join
and WHERE IS [NOT] NULL).

Also, inner joins can be expressed either in the FROM clause or the WHERE
clause.

My question is: Can outer joins be expressed in the FROM clause as they can
in Oracle (using (+)) and MSSQL (using '*=' or '=*')?  What is the syntax?

I think I have looked through the documentation thoroughly enough, that this
question is not a waste of anyone's time.   If this is dealt with in the
manual, I apologise humbly, but where is it?!?

Thanks,
Bruce.