Hi!

On Jul 16, Carsten Gehling wrote:
> A specific table (see "How-To-Repeat) with a FULLTEXT index causes errors in
> the MYI file when inserting new rows.
>
> 1) Create the following table:
> CREATE TABLE `visitkort` (
[skip]
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>
> 2) Insert a row with the following statement:
>
> 3) Run myisamchk with the option --extend-check and you get the following
> myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly

> The error does not occur, if you drop the FULLTEXT index

Ok, I was able to repeat this, still I do not think it's a bug.
Message given by myisamchk is perfectly legal - you should not expect
MySQL to close the table immidiately when the client closes the connection.
MySQL can keep the table open to speedup access to it from, e.g.,
next connection. MySQL will close the table on "FLUSH TABLE",
or when the pool of opened tables is exceeded.

if you will add "2.5) flush table" the error message will dissapear.
if you will shutdown MySQL instead, you'll get no error, either.
if you will issue "CHECK TABLE visitkort EXTENDED" instead of using
external program myisamchk, again there will be no error message.

So, looks like everything is ok.

In you first message (without test case) you've also added

> The result of this is, that if anyone is trying to update the same record
> afterwards, the index is corrupted.

I wasn't able to reproduce that. If you have a test case for this, please,
let me know.

Regards,
Sergei

--