Hi,

> The manual
>
>   http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/E/REPAIR_TABLE.html
>
> mentions the QUICK and EXTENDED options for REPAIR TABLE.  But it does
> not say which is the default.  Anyone know?

I think the default might actually be neither.

I think the two options correspond roughly to two options of the myisamchk
program (unless someone can correct me). EXTENDED probably matches the
'--extend-check' option and QUICK matches the '--quick' option. According to
the help text they do this:

--extend-check:
"Try to recover every possible row from the data file. Normally this will
also find a lot of garbage rows; Don't use this option if you are not
totally desperate."

--quick:
"Faster repair by not modifying the data file. One can give a second '-q' to
force myisamchk to modify the original datafile in case of duplicate keys."

I agree that this section of the manual could do with some clarification. It
only seems to talk about re-creating indexes...

Regards,

Basil Hussain