Greetings MySQL Aficionados,

The announcement below may interest some of you exploring new options
for connecting MySQL to the Web.

Also, we're looking for more MySQL experts to participate in our
pre-release software testing of Lasso Professional 5 with its
embedded MySQL database. If any of you have time to participate and
are interested, please drop me a line. Thanks!

CC

-----------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 17, 2001

BLUE WORLD LASSO 5 PRODUCT LINE TO PROVIDE TIGHT INTEGRATION WITH
LEADING OPERATING SYSTEM, DATABASE, WEB SERVER and WEB AUTHORING
PRODUCTS

Bellevue, WA--July 17, 2001--Blue World Communications,
Inc.--pioneers of the Web Data Engine(tm)--today announced industry
support for its recently announced Lasso 5 product line. Lasso 5
products will be tightly integrated with a number of leading
operating system, database, Web server and Web authoring products.

"In the Internet software business it is critically important to
interoperate well with many best-of-breed products," said Bill
Doerrfeld, CEO of Blue World. "The Lasso 5 product line will provide
the hub which interconnects many leading database, Web server and Web
authoring products with unique ease, power and control."

Operating System Support

Lasso Professional 5 will support Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Windows
2000 and Red Hat Linux. Lasso Studio 5 will support operating systems
supported by Adobe GoLive and Macromedia Dreamweaver including Mac OS
9 and Windows 2000.

"Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server are unsurpassed in power, stability and
ease-of-use," said Ron Okamoto, Apple's vice president of Worldwide
Developer Relations.  "Blue World and Lasso products have
distinguished themselves in the Mac community and we are delighted to
see their support for the Mac platform with Lasso Professional 5."

Database Support

Lasso 5 products provide built-in support for MySQL and FileMaker Pro
databases. In addition, several third parties plan to release free
Lasso data source connectors which provide direct, high-performance
connectivity between Lasso Professional 5 and their databases.

"FileMaker, Inc. is pleased to see Blue World provide advanced
support for FileMaker Pro in Lasso Professional 5," said Chris
Trytten, director of product management at FileMaker, Inc. "Lasso
products are a perfect complement to FileMaker products and together
offer a great solution for quickly building data-driven Web sites."

"We're delighted to partner with Blue World to bring our widely used
MySQL database to Lasso customers," said Erik Granstrom, VP of
Marketing at MySQL AB. "With MySQL at the heart of a well-regarded,
easy-to-use Web application server such as Lasso, Web developers have
a superb total solution for quickly and easily delivering data-driven
Web sites."

"4D, Inc. is committed to delivering a Lasso connector for 4D Server
offering the performance and durability customers have come to expect
from 4D, Inc. and Blue World," said Brendan Coveney, CEO of 4D, Inc.
"We're excited with the possibilities offered in Blue World's Lasso 5
product line and encourage Web developers to discover how the Lasso 5
and 4D combination can ease the process of building robust
database-driven Web solutions."

"FrontBase is pleased to announce a forthcoming Lasso Connector for
FrontBase providing tight integration between Lasso Professional 5
and FrontBase, our industrial-strength SQL database server," said
Geert B. Clemmensen, CEO of FrontBase, Inc. "The new extensibility
features in Lasso Professional 5 make it possible for us to build and
maintain robust connectivity between Lasso and FrontBase."

"We're delighted to announce support for Lasso Professional 5 via our
forthcoming Lasso Connector for PrimeBase," said Ulrich Zimmer,  CEO
of PrimeBase. "Web developers will be able to easily connect Lasso to
PrimeBase Server, our high-performance cross platform SQL database
server."

Web Server Support

Lasso Professional 5 will provide built-in support for Apache on Mac
OS X and Red Hat Linux, IIS on Windows 2000, and WebSTAR V on Mac OS
X. Vendors may use Lasso Connector Protocol to connect any other Web
server to Lasso Professional 5.

"Lasso has long been the leading Web Data Engine for WebSTAR Server
Suite," said Brendan Coveney, CEO of 4D, Inc. "We're very pleased to
see Blue World support WebSTAR V in its forthcoming Lasso
Professional 5 providing WebSTAR users a powerful yet easy-to-use
solution for serving data-driven Web sites."

Web Authoring Support

Lasso Studio 5 will offer a complete Web application development
environment within leading Web site editing programs including
support for Adobe GoLive, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev. Third party offerings--including Lasso 5
Glossary for BBEdit from Kuwago Web Services and LDML 5 Plug-in for
BBEdit 6.1 from SuiteSync--will extend Bare Bones Software's BBEdit
providing support for LDML 5, the programming language used in the
Lasso 5 product line.

"Lasso Studio for Adobe GoLive provides a simple yet powerful
environment for building data-driven Web sites," said Michael
Hopwood, senior director of internet products management for Adobe
Systems, Inc. "We're thrilled that Blue World plans to deliver a
significant upgrade to Lasso Studio for Adobe GoLive with Lasso
Studio 5."

"The open architecture of Macromedia Dreamweaver platform enables
software developers to easily integrate with their solutions such as
Lasso Studio," said Tony Campitelli, vice president of product
marketing, Macromedia. "Blue World and Macromedia have a
long-standing relationship to ensure developers have access to Lasso
Studio 5's features from within Macromedia Dreamweaver and
Dreamweaver UltraDev."

"We congratulate Blue World on their new release, and we're pleased
to see third-party support for Lasso Professional 5 in BBEdit 6, our
award-winning HTML and text editor," said Rich Siegel, the founder,
president, and CEO of Bare Bones Software. "Thousands of Web
developers build Lasso-driven sites using BBEdit, and with these new
tools, they can be more productive than ever before."

About the Lasso 5 Product Line

The Lasso 5 product line represents powerful Web application server
technology designed to meet the high-end needs of advanced Web
developers along with the ease-of-use and productivity needs of
professional Web designers enabling Web professionals to quickly
build and serve powerful data-driven Web sites. The Lasso 5 product
line will include Lasso Professional 5 and Lasso Studio 5. Additional
information is available at http://www.blueworld.com/Lasso5/.

About Blue World

Blue World Communications (www.blueworld.com) delivers cross-platform
software tools allowing Web developers and designers to quickly build
and serve powerful data-driven Web sites. Blue World provides Lasso
Web Data Engine, Lasso Studio and Blue World ListSearch service in
fulfillment of its mission to bring business to the Internet(tm).

###

(c) Blue World Communications, Inc. Lasso, Lasso Studio, Lasso
Professional, Web Data Engine, ListSearch, Blue World Store, bring
business to the Internet, and Blue World Communications are
trademarks of Blue World Communications, Inc. MySQL is a trademark of
MySQL AB. Other company names, brand names and product names may be
trademarks of their respective holders.

Cathy Cunningham                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lasso Evangelist
Blue World Communications, Inc.   http://www.blueworld.com/