I am using 3.22.32. The directrory where the databases lived was nearly
full. Following the instructions in the manual, I stopped mysqld, I tar'd
up the db's, moved them to the new location, created symlinks in the
original location, restarted mysql (using safe_mysql). I now have the
problem that inserts claim to work but I cannot access the data. For
example:

INSERT INTO main.houses (clientid, state, city, county) VALUES
('9999', 'Florida', 'Ft. Lauderdale', 'Broward County');

SELECT * from main.houses WHERE clientid=9999;

Returns nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that safe_mysqld needs a param that I am
not passing it, but it has the databases, and the executables and the
correct user. (I can connect to all db's, but cannot insert)

Any help out there?

Thanks in advance,
-- Karim Nassar