Hi there

I posed a question a couple of days ago about segfaults occurring in
mysql_free_result(), but have received no response, possibly because my
question was too vague. I'd like to try again, and express the problem
differently.

Has anyone had unfavourable experiences with FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, gcc 2.95.3,
and libmysqlclient_r.so.10 (from MySQL 3.23.39), and POSIX threads?

My code runs smoothly with 4.2-RELEASE and gcc 2.95.2, but with the later
versions of OS and compiler segfaults intermittently in
_thread_leave_cancellation_point() called from mysql_free_result(). If I set
MYSQL_DEBUG, I'm able to crash it every time with a specific sequence of
operations. (This sequence works if MYSQL_DEBUG is not set, but randomly
segfaults in the same procedure later on.)

If I can provide more information about the situation I'd be happy to.

allen

--
Allen Grace

Dark Blue Sea Pty Ltd
ph +61 7 3007 0000
fax +61 7 3007 0001

***The opinions expressed in this email are my own and are not
representative of DBS Pty Ltd.***